Tuesday, June 2, 2015

End of Year Student Gift!

Do you need an End of Year gift idea for your students?! Give them summer learning buckets! Summer learning buckets are the perfect way to keep students engaged and learning over the summer!

Each year I put different things in my summer learning buckets. Almost every year I have gone to the Dollar Tree and bought pencils, erasers, and dice. One year, I even got packs of 3 rulers for a dollar! I haven't seen them since, but keep an eye out just in case. Then, I usually go to A.C. Moore and use my teacher discount to get buckets for less than a dollar a piece but have also used Dollar Tree and Michael's to buy buckets, too. 

I always put a reading log, a writing journal (either notebook paper stapled together, or, if I have enough copies, a printed writing journal), clock that students have colored and put together, calendar, and parent letter in the bucket. In the past, I have put flash cards, shapes, workbooks, children's books, and bookmarks in them. The contents of my buckets really just depend on what I have in my classroom at the end of the year!! I encourage students to complete the activities over the summer and bring their finished work to me at the beginning of the school year for a prize!

If you need a parent letter and ready-made materials for your buckets, check out my End of Year Summer Learning Buckets product. It is editable!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your great idea at "What's New in K-2?" at Primary Inspiration. I hope you'll stop by and link up again next Tuesday!
    Linda at Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do!! Thank you for the opportunity! You have a wonderful blog!!

      Delete